DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES
"Engineering is nothing but the application of Science, Technology is nothing but the application of Engineering". The Department of Science and Humanities lays a solid foundation for studying Engineering and Technology. The Department of Science and Humanities comprises of four branches of study namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. All these four disciplines exist and maintain with an individual identity. Well-experienced and highly qualified faculty members embellish with their spontaneous efforts to improve our Teaching-Learning and Research & Development processes. The predominant objective is to impart quality education and to offer basic awareness of science to the students.
Core courses offered in the S&H Department:
1. Technical English (I&II semesters)
2. Engineering Mathematics (I, II and higher semesters)
3. Engineering Physics (I&II semesters)
4. Engineering Chemistry (I&II semesters)
In addition to these courses, students must undergo basic courses in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming etc during the first year (Semester I and II).
· To build a strong basic foundation by emphasizing on discipline, etiquettes and moral values
· To create awareness about the Engineering field by them practical exposure